Instead of trying to “be everything to everybody” why not target clients and customers that are perfect for you? By taking the time to get really clear in your own mind on who you are best positioned to assist you will end up giving better service.
Some of the questions I ask when “profiling” clients/customers are:
- What does my potential client do for a living? Can they afford to outsource?
- What industry(s) do they work in or serve?
- What are their strengths? And weaknesses? Do my strengths and weaknesses complement theirs?
- What do they require? What skills do they lack, that they need to succeed?
- Where are they located?
- Can they plan ahead and delegate?
Not every potential client who contacts you will be right for your business. It’s important to take the time to logically analyze the characteristics of your “perfect client”. By knowing what you are looking for you will be in a better position to market to those clients.